Serves 2 – 4 | Wine to sip: 2009 Los Carneros (Sonoma) Three Knights Pinot Noir- rich in flavor and complexity
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
- 4 turkey bacon strips
- 1/2 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- 4 slices of Tuscan Pane bread, sourdough bread or sandwich bread
- mayonnaise or onion dip
- .5 oz organic micro greens (aka gourmet restaurant greens which may include a blend of micro
broccoli, purple kohlrabi, red cabbage, kale, mizuna, red mustard, tatsoi, amaranth, and celery)
- Micro greens substitute: baby greens found in the lettuce or salad section of your grocery market
- Scoop out avocados into a small bowl. Add garlic powder, vinegar, sea salt, cracked peppercorns. Mash avocados until lumpy. Taste and if desired add more salt or pepper to your liking.
- Fry turkey bacon in oil until crisp. Then pat off excess oil with a paper towel.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of the bread. On the other side spread mayonnaise or onion dip.
- In a large skillet or grill over medium heat put bread slices buttered-side down and grill 3 minutes. After 2 minutes on the grill add 2 slices each of the cheddar and Jack on top of the bread. Cover and grill for 1 more minute. (Total 3 minutes.)
- Remove bread and top with the bacon strips, guacamole, micro greens.